Books I Read This Month
I’m a little late with this wrap-up but I wanted to wait until I had a chance to review all the books I read in September. Here’s a summary:
- Soppy: A Love Story by Philippa Rice (not pictured) | Review | Rating: ★★★★★
- An adorable graphic novel about a young couple’s day to day life after moving in together. It’s short, sweet, and endearing.
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor | Review | Rating: ★★★
- The second book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy! I found this book much better than the first one and the secondary characters made this book more enjoyable.
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor | Review | Rating: ★★★
- The last book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. It was good but lengthy, and it does give a satisfying conclusion to the series.
- Reaons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig | Review | Rating: ★★★★
- My pick for the self-help genre for September’s Colour Me Read Challenge! A book I’ll be sure to recommend to everyone.
- Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb | Review | Rating: ★★★★
- Book 1 of The Rain Wild Chronicles! Not one of Hobb’s popular series but I still enjoyed it.
I will say that I felt the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy got more hype than it deserved but I can see how other readers could fall in love with this series. I’m not sure how much reading I’ll get done in October, but hopefully I’ll still manage to review each book I read!
What do you think of the books on this list? Will you be adding any of them to your TBR?